Eye Care Services Offered
Eye examinations are an important part of overall health maintenance for everyone. Dr. Cohen performs exams for all age groups and for a variety of reasons including:
- Prescribing of glasses
- Fitting and monitoring of contact lenses
- Prompt evaluation and treatment of red, painful eye emergencies
- Cataract, glaucoma and management of other eye conditions
- Diabetic eye monitoring and for other systemic diseases
- Medication side effect monitoring
- Children, as young as 6 months
Medical Eye Care
Dr. Cohen is certified in the treatment and management of ocular disease and is licensed in ocular therapeutics/ glaucoma. His office provides:
- Dilated examinations
- Digital retinal photography
- Computerized visual field testing
- Prescription of eye medications
- Red Eye Diagnosis and Management
- Eye Allergies and Dry Eye Management
- Cataract Testing, Pre- and Post-Operative Care
- Glaucoma Testing and Management
- Diabetic Eye Examinations with reports to Primary Providers
Let us find the right frames for you in a helpful, no-pressure environment. We carry hundreds of on-trend, designer frames that fit all budgets. We specialize in frame styles for hard-to-fit facial features!
Once you’ve found the right frames, we will work with you to pick the correct lens options for your needs. Ultra-thin high-index lenses, transitions, tints, glare-free coating, scratch resistant coatings and progressive (no-line) bifocals are all available.
We offer the latest advances in contact lenses and can help both new and experienced wearers obtain clear, comfortable and healthy vision.
Specialty lenses are available for those with astigmatism, bifocal prescriptions, dry eyes and other conditions.
We manage and treat contact lens related red eyes.
Help is available for patients with limited vision due to macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and other conditions.
Dr. Cohen is experienced in prescribing medical grade optics, prismatic lenses, bioptic telescopes, electronic magnification and other specialty devices to assist with reading, mobility and other activities of daily living.
Dr. Cohen is one of only a few residency-trained low vision specialists in Pennsylvania. He is a member of the CentraSight Implantable Miniature Telescope team and works closely with medical professionals, therapists and rehabilitation agencies.